Top 10 Things to Do in Hong Kong
Besides giving me a much coveted Silver status with US Airways, Hong Kong offers an array of day, night, and weekend adventures. You can choose to stay on the island or pop over to the mainland to partake in some excellent knock-ff shopping in Shenzhen or feast your eyes on the glittering prize of Macau for some good ole fashioned gambling. Whatever your fancy there are least Top 10 Things to do in Hong Kong. Plus it is an added bonus if you can manage to snap some pics of this vertical city when the skies are crystal blue!
Top 10 Things to do in Hong Kong
- Victoria Peak- best views of Hong Kong skyline; count your lucky stars if you hit it on a da with zero fog.
- HSBC Building – most expensive bldg at one time. Built with Feng Shui in mind and supposedly is the best feng shui location in all of HK
- Big Buddha– Seek out the largest sitting buddha in Asia. He sits on Lantau Island is always a hit.
- Financial District on Sunday – Swarms of Filliipina women take over every square inch on this part of town on their 1 day off a week. I am not kidding, every square inch!
- Macau – MGM, Wynn, all the big names are there to temp your disposable income…only 45-minute ferry away!
- Stanley Market – great shopping on a much more residential side of HK island
- Star Ferry – shuttles visitors and locals alike across the bay that separates Kowloon from Hong Kong and is super cheap.
- Shop like a millionaire. Valentino, Ferragamo, Burberry, Hugo Boss and much more adorn the clean streets of this shopping paradise. Don’t forget your black amex!! If that is too rcih for your blood, day trip to Shenzhen!!
- Try Dim Sum – Everyone has their favorite. 5 top Dim Sum restaurants in HK
- Just wander. Hong Kong is built on the shell of old China and certain areas of town resemble that of a mid-century mainland city and very unlike the glitzy, modern skyscraper city of now. Try Mong Kok and Tsim Sha Tsui areas.